CAREERS & CULTURE
It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.
At Hubtown, the most talented engineers, designers, and thought leaders are shaping the future of real estate industry.
Join our team
And take one step closer towards the success that you have always dreamed about.
Job Title: Assistant Company secretary
Department: Finance- Company Secretary
Reports to (Job Title): Head Company Secretary
To ensure that a company complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains standards of corporate governance.
- Coordinate all arrangements for board meetings, Committee Meetings, General Body Meetings and to ensure that they are properly organized
- To ensure that the minutes of the meetings are properly recorded and circulated to the concerned people
- To ensure compliances with SEBI Regulations like; Takeovers, Prevention of insider trading, Issue of capital and disclosure requirements, Mutual Fund regulations, Venture Capital funds, NBFC guidelines, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, Listing agreements,
- Implementation of Corporate governance code, Code of business conduct and ethics, Securities-related functions and postal ballot for shareholders.
- Co-ordinate with various regulatory authorities- SEBI, stock exchanges, Registrar of companies, Regional Director- Ministry of corporate affairs, Depositories, Registrar and share transfer agents, Reserve Bank of India, Company Law Board and department of Company affairs.
- Advise the Board, the management and the committees on all statutory and constitutional requirements to ensure that the business is conducted in a proper and cost-effective manner.
- To provide direction in the handling of cases involving regulatory bodies, company law, shareholders, intellectual property, etc.
- Circulate decisions of the board and the committees to all relevant parties and to take necessary follow-up action to record progress thereon.
- Preparation of Annual Report as per legal and constitutional requirements, MIS reports for Board and Senior Management and Development of Policies as per statutory/ legal requirements.
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required and advising on secretarial, legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies.
- Providing secretarial and legal opinion to top management, auditors, trustees, etc. on various business issues.
- Provide vital inputs in a strategic investment making decisions and to take the deal to its logical conclusion.
- Analyze various structured deals in the legal context, participation in negotiations, discussions, and drafting and vetting agreements and other legal documents and ensuring all related compliances.
Impact on the organization: Contributes to the success of the organization by providing effective legal advisory services which benefit the organization wrt time and cost.
Education: B.Com, ACS/ FCS and LLB preferred.
Experience: Around 8 to 12 years experience in the relevant field